Incorporate the well-being, comfort and contentment of the hygge lifestyle into your home with these five tips.
1. Look for ways to introduce design elements that look - and are - cozy, like throw blankets.
2. Use natural fabrics such as cotton, linen and wool.
3. Find ways to incorporate texture. This could be in soft furnishings or as art. Think: macrame wall hanging.
4. While neutrals set the tone, a pop of colour - but not too much - can bring a smile to one's face.
5. Layering often takes a functional space to the calk, comforting hygge level.